Are you an ambitious individual who enjoys continuous improvement and is willing to challenge the status quo?
Do you have experience and enjoy working in a Materials role, on cross-functional teams, and closely with manufacturing and suppliers?
Are you someone that can see not only “what is” but also “what can be”?
Our team in Lapeer manufactures plastic bathtubs, shower bases and wall units. The Materials Manager supervises the cost, quality, quantity and efficiency of storage and movement of raw components and finished goods. This position is responsible for knowing the importance of providing a daily schedule obtainable for manufacturing and shipping and delivers on the needs of the customer. This position establishes and implements business strategies, plans and objectives.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Manages the flow of material within a 160,000 square foot manufacturing facility
- The Delta Lapeer plant ships 2,300 bathing units daily
- The Materials Manager is evaluated based on Safety Incident Rate, Schedule Compliance, Allocated Late Orders, Inventory Accuracy, Warehouse Utilization, and Shipping On-Time Metrics.
- This position reports to the Plant Manager and leads a team of 20 associates including Production Schedulers, Indirect Buyers, Team Leaders, Shipping Coordinators, Receiving Coordinators and Material Handlers.
- This position requires a positive working relationship with other Delta facilities, suppliers and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Engineering, Logistics, Transportation or Business Management) required
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a warehouse and material flow environment
- Knowledge of SAP PP/DS and Manhattan WMiS desired
- APICS certification desired
- Utilize Continuous Improvement methodologies to find opportunities that enhance execution and speed, and eliminate non-value-added activities
- Prior execution of major change management initiatives within a plant, such as a business process improvement, software implementation, management system development and deployment, etc.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence employees
- Knowledge and use of relational databases, such as Access, to run ad hoc queries and generate needed reports for analysis and business intelligence
- Handle multiple projects while meeting established deadlines
Delta Faucet CompanyShiftFull or Part Time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: URL blocked - click to apply
E-verify Right to Work Poster: URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.