To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
General Manager I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • San Jose, CA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
In conjunction with Group Vice President and Corporate, establishes business objectives for the site and provides direction in the attainment of those objectives with respect to the business, its customers, its employees and the community, while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to effectively mentor employees at all levels
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
• Ability to drive solutions to complex planning issues with limited supervision
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers
• Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company
• Demonstrate leadership and people management skills
• Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with minimal direction
• Solid financial understanding, risk analysis ability, relationship-building, and project management
• Lead or participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
• Available for travel up to 10% of the time, including day, overnight and international as required
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Provide direct guidance for all activities within purview
• Responsible for the business operations of the units, including product development, manufacturing, program management, materials, human resources, engineering, marketing, sales, financial planning and control and business development
• Provide the vision and leadership for applying the most advanced principals and concepts of total quality management, continuous improvement and world class manufacturing
• Operate within strategic plans developed by Corporate headquarters with respect to capital investment, financial policy and personnel requirements
• Initiate actions and programs which will continuously improve quality and production
• Develop key performance metrics, track performance and drive the organization in the achievement of goals and objectives
• Participate in the analysis and recommendation of new business development consistent with the organization’s capabilities and plans
• Ensure that the Corporation is aware of industry changes in terms of new manufacturing programs and notable achievements that could influence the strategic direction of the company
• Establish and oversee the operating budgets that have been approved
• Develop long and short term site goals
• Participate in new business opportunities and ensure that the quality requirements of such opportunities are accurately accessed from both a business perspective and from an impact standpoint on the existing quality system
• Ensure personnel actions are consistent with Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and other related company policies and procedures in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
• 10+ years of electronics manufacturing experience or equivalent combination; Contract manufacturing preferred at a multiple larger site (600+ employees and associated revenue/customer base)
• 8+ years in a leadership role at a larger site
• 4 year degree and equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.