We are people who care about people. Our company has a unique history and was founded by two grandchildren of a former Department of Energy worker. Their love and determination for their grandfather to have the best quality care for the best quality of life is what drives our company to provide care for the energy worker population. We are seeking a Registered Nurse Coordinator with our shared values, to become a part of our team!
- Responsible for total client care by conducting comprehensive health and psychosocial evaluation, monitoring the client's condition, promoting sound preventive practices, coordinating services and teaching and training activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing service to the client and family on an ongoing basis.
- Consult with the attending physician concerning alterations of Client Care Plans, checks with the Case Manager and makes changes, as appropriate.
- Review all nursing, home health aide, respiratory and physical therapy notes for completeness.
- Ensures all hand-written or typed progress notes are gathered/submitted to allow for timely payroll and billing.
- Available to client when need arises. May require some night and weekend hours.
- Must be able to fill in nursing hours if needed when assigned RN is not available to meet with their client, including 24-hour care needs.
- Coordinates client services with Case Manager.
- Participates in care conferences, discusses with the Case Manager problems concerning the clients and how they may best be handled.
- Discusses with the appropriate Case Manager the need for the involvement of other members of the health team.
- Participates in the clients discharge planning process.
- Cooperates with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan.
- Participates in staff development/in-service.
- Continually strives to improve his/her nursing care skills by attending in-service education, through formal education, attendance at workshops, conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations, and individual research and reading.
- Maintains an on-going knowledge of current drug therapy.
- Adheres to state requirements.
What We're Looking For:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Must be licensed in the State as a Registered Nurse in good standing.
- Must have a valid drivers license and be willing and able to drive to clients residences.
- The ability to access clients homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible is required. Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the client's condition and to perform and demonstrate client care.
- Physical activities will include, walking, sitting, stooping, and standing and minimal to maximum lifting of clients and the turning of clients.
- The ability to communicate both verbally and in writing is required as frequent communication by telephone and in writing is involved.
- One or more years of experience in community/home health agency or in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of home health care and the principles and techniques of professional nursing and required documentation that pertains to it.
- Should be skillful in organization and in the principles of time management and have knowledge of management processes.
- Must be able to contribute to the quality of care being rendered through constructive communication with Case Managers and staff.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a current CPR certification.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- Home Care