To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Janesville, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Collections Representative I - Janesville, WI
Grainger • Janesville, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Customer Service/ Collections Representative supports collection efforts of the company’s receivables. This role provides effective collection management of 4,500 – 6,000 active accounts within Credit and Collections as applicable. Potential applicants must be willing to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 6.30AM to 7.00PM Monday through Friday.
• Respond to customer requests for documentation quickly and professionally.
• Promptly answer inbound phone inquiries.
• Demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers
• Use of professional collection skills and techniques to identify customer reasons for delinquent account status.
• Work hand in hand with Credit, Sales and Branch partners to resolve collections issues that may require special attention and resolve payment barriers.
• Provide customers needed documentation on disputed accounts.
• Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed customer contact notes as per established standard repeatable processes.
• Work closely with the A/R specialists and customer to resolve situations which cause un-reconciled checks.
• Interact with Sales personnel to promote partnerships for payment barrier removal.
• Provide Credit Managers with customer information to assist in evaluation of customer payment terms or DSO.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent; some college and/or specialized training preferred.
• 1-3 years' experience in a customer service environment is preferred
• Inbound call center experience is a plus
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. SAP experience is a plus
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, plus solid command of English grammar
• Strong problem solving/organizational skills with a proven ability to plan and deliver results
• Demonstrate ability to work in complex situations with professionalism and decorum
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.