Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
As a proud recipient of the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award, we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
Hiring Range From $105,000+
The Manager of Nursing is a licensed professional who assumes responsibility and authority for the management, administration, and coordination of nursing in the agency in accordance with the company standards and policies as well as state, federal and accrediting body guidelines. The Manager of Nursing assists in planning of agency activities and budget, and organizes, administers, and supervises health services within the agency. The Manager of Nursing enforces and ensures that a total quality management program for all aspects of patient care is maintained. The Nurse Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Operations and/or Area Director of Nursing in meeting operational and financial goals for the location. Management of the nursing operations will consist of 70-90% of the Nurse Manager’s time, and the remainder of the time spent providing clinical patient care activities. Per state regulation requirements, the Director of Nursing title will be used.
Job Responsibilities: (listed in order of time spent and/or importance)
- Directs the activities of the nursing department. Oversight of the nursing team to ensure scheduling and administrative duties are completed timely.
- Complies with requirements of the Company and ensures that services are provided in a manner consistent with established standards of practice, federal and state regulations, accreditation standards and agency policy.
- Interprets and implements policies and procedures of the agency and oversees the selection, development, and monitoring of nursing staff.
- Directs the supervision and evaluation of all personnel who provide direct patient care and directs all human resource issues related to nursing and allied health services personnel, including recruitment, performance evaluations, disciplines, and terminations.
- Maintains agency compliance with state and federal guidelines for disciplines. Serves as office administrator with the pharmacy manager in the absence of the Operations Manager and/or Director of Operations. Serves as the Administrator and/or Director of Nursing of the home health agency per Medicare Conditions of Participation definition. Serves as Facility Infection Prevention Coordinator, ensuring compliance with regulations, rules, and standards as they relate to infection control practices.
- Ensures that all nurses providing care maintain the professional standards of nursing practice.
- Assists the Area Director of Nursing and/or Director of Operations in preparing, securing approval for, and implementing operating and expenditure budgets for department, and operates within those guidelines. Responsible for the coordination of patient services with the pharmacy, delivery, reimbursement, and other departments both internally and externally.
- Establishes and ensures the purchase and expedition of medical supplies and equipment within budget constraints. Participates in the process for assessing, managing, and reporting nursing operational and financial data to the Area Director of Nursing, Regional Nurse Manager, and/or Director of Operations, including analysis for trends and development of process improvement plans.
- Collects and organizes all patient-specific information needed to determine the suitability of patients for home care. Assesses patients’ suitability for home care in accordance with Option Care policies. Verifies that the patient’s medical condition and prescribed therapy is suitable for home care. Provides continuing education to physicians, nurses, pharmacy technicians, and other practitioners on home care infusion-related issues, including competency and orientation programs.
- Coordinates and participates in on-call responsibilities for the nursing department. Coordinates all patient care and services in cooperation with the Director of Pharmacy. Facilitates a clinical networking system for the agency and acts as a clinical resource. Meets all standards as outlined in Registered Nurse I and II job descriptions.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? YES
(i.e., hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse with an active and unrestricted license in the current state of practice and at least 3 years of home health/infusion care experience, OR at least 1yr of nursing supervisory/managerial experience in a home care setting.
- At least 1 year of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience applying knowledge of local, State, Federal, accrediting body, and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates competency in the clinical management of home infusion patients as evidenced by documented previous work experience. Knowledgeable and competent in-patient management skills including the nursing process. Demonstrated knowledge of documentation and billing requirements for home health/infusion care goods and services.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience in providing training and developing the clinical services process, documentation/user manuals.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting, and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures, and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding, and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering, and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
California based minimum requirements: BSN or bachelor’s degree in a health-related field with three (3) years of experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility OR registered nurse with four (4) years of experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility. One of these years of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- Willing to travel 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
- BSN with CRNI or other professional certification and Documentation of advanced management training.
- At least 3 years of experience in a home health/infusion setting.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Due to some state pay transparency laws, below is the minimum pay for the position:
Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Minimum pay is $96,089.34+
-Paid Time off
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works