Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
“My job at Compassus allows me to feel like I am making a difference by supporting the field staff, while still working inside my skill set.”
-Kelsi, Business Office Coordinator
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. We help support families in their greatest time of need. As a Business Office Coordinator you will plan, coordinate and manage the hospice office to run efficiently. Our BOC’s have the opportunity to work with many different people across many different departments to coordinate billing, human resources and administrative duties. For many of our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Business Office Coordinator to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
As the Business Office Coordinator, you are accountable for the planning, coordination, and management of the business office, as well as related operational activities of the program, including billing for reimbursement, payroll, and administrative quality improvement.
- Communicate company information to local colleagues and assist with community communications.
- Assist in maintaining updated financial records.
- Serve as liaison with long-term care facilities’ billing departments.
- Maintain records and ensure accuracy of billing for pharmacy and medical supplies.
- Ensure that new Colleagues complete all necessary on-boarding processes.
- Order office supplies, forms, collateral materials, logo wear, medical supplies and equipment.
- Process payroll according to company procedures.
- Serve as communications liaison between colleagues and candidates and the Human Resources and Payroll staff.
- Monitor and maintain master calendar of program-specific activities required by regulatory agencies.
- Tracks, updates, and aids in compliance in HRIS system colleague professional licenses, automobile insurance, in-service training, contract renewals, and physician licenses.
- Manage the general maintenance of the facility with contractors.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College preferred. Experience in insurance and Medicare/Medicaid billing and reimbursement preferred. Experience in office management helpful.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.