To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Licensed EAP Counselor Eventual Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • San Francisco, CA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Conduct telephonic and on-line (chat) consultations with individual members
- Engage individually with members to clinically and holistically assess the reason for call and presenting needs including issues impacting the individual’s personal wellbeing, emotional and physical health, and personal safety
- Independently conduct thorough assessment of risk of harm to self, or others; assist with safety planning and coordinating services with emergency personnel and hospital staff in order to access appropriate level of care and ongoing support. Coordinate follow-up care and services to individuals and organizations, as appropriate
- Develop next steps and identify meaningful goals and resources utilizing Solution Focused Consultation model
- Provide appropriate type of service based on member’s presentation, clinical history and needs and accurately differentiate between EAP and BH services
- Formulate short term problem resolution plan of action, and provide full Benefit Exploration reviewing the appropriate tools and resources to support the plan, and offer and refer clients to additional benefits including access to Health Coaches, Health Advisors, and community resources as appropriate
- Authorize additional services including behavioral health, and/or contracted EAP and behavioral health network providers
- Formulate and document accurate description of member’s clinical presentation in their individual clinical records and maintaining appropriate records, case notes, forms and reports as well as database entries
- Provide resources, consultation, coaching and guidance to non-licensed EAP Specialists as designated National Point of Contact
- Provide consultation and disposition on ‘risk’ calls with non-licensed EAP Specialists
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Participate in staff meetings, case consultations, and training opportunities
- Consult as required with licensed peers and supervisors
- A Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related mental health field
- Active, unrestricted independent mental health license in the state of California, such as Licensed Psychologist (L.P.), LMFT, LPC, or LCSW, etc.
- 3+ years of post-graduate experience in a behavioral health setting
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to use various computer applications and move through computer screens while talking with members
- Must live within a commutable distance of our San Francisco office location
- Previous EAP experience
- CEAP (Certified Employee Assistance Professional)
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Experience working with domestic abuse victims
- Experience working in a crisis center/hotline
- Ability to work with a culturally and geographically diverse population
- Able to address a variety of problems and issues as presented by callers
- Ability to work flexibly and creatively with other professional team members
- Demonstrate the ability to build rapport, assess and address risk, and develop goals with members in a telephonic, and/or online
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy