The Customer Service Representative is the communication link between customer/sales/production and provides high level, professional customer service by responding to customer inquiries by telephone, email, written communication or personal contact to provide product/services information and to resolve mostly routine and some non-routine, more complex problems and requests with accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide a high level of customer service via telephone, email, written communication or personal contact to resolve mostly routine problems and requests.
- Identify and assess customers’ service needs and refer to other service or technical departments for follow up or additional information as needed.
- Ensure order instructions and information are submitted accurately and per customer specifications.
- Maintain current and accurate order entry information in all required software programs.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- 3+ years of previous customer service experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry who is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue generating programs and services. Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Representative
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
- Requirement Prioritization
- Complex Problem Solving
- Written Communication
- Attention To Detail
- Success Driven