Are you looking to advance your career? Alion Science and Technology is expanding in Huntsville, and we are looking for motivated professionals to join our team and contribute to our vision to be “Many Moves Ahead!”
This position will support the PEO Aviation UAS Program Office in Huntsville, AL. Army PEO Aviation designs, develops, delivers and supports advanced aviation capabilities.
The Systems Engineer performs engineering work in analysis, design, development, evaluation, planning, testing and operation in support of the development of system and technical products. The Systems Engineer works under guidance of senior technical personnel.
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluations alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Develops, operates and maintains moderately complex technology systems. Participates in the integration of processes and methodologies to ensure the performance of the total system.
- Duties include the collection of information and data, performance of various tests, and engineering computations, measurements and analyses. Exhibits the ability to independently perform data validation and troubleshooting.
- Analyzes engineering plans and projects to establish operating data and conducts experimental tests; analyzes proposals and related technical data to develop design alternatives.
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the system.
- Complies with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties. Provides recommendations for improvements to existing quality systems and applicable company procedures and guidelines.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Has some independent interaction with customers and provides input to project managers on programmatic and technical deliverables.
- Provides some technical guidance and oversight to entry level technical staff and may act as a technical lead for limited aspects of a project.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline plus 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted for comparable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted based on education, or highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques within a specific area of expertise.
- Knowledge of relevant tools, equipment, hardware, and software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective organization level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- An active Secret security clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Secret