Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $2,400 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Nurse LPN/RN at our Crisis Center Stabilization Center provides direct and indirect patient care in the local Crisis Stabilization Center in a psychiatric capacity. Maintains standards of Professional Nursing Practice. Participates as an interdisciplinary team member responsible for overall coordination of care and services delivered to individuals experiencing behavioral crisis. Works collaboratively with members of the health care team to provide patient/family education. This position is for weekend nights, working Saturday/Sunday/12 hours shifts.
Responsibilities of the Crisis Center Nurse:
• Performs nursing care such as health assessments, pain assessments, vital signs, applying dressings and general daily care of individuals who present at the Crisis Stabilization Center
• Performs all duties of medication administration including medication pass, injections, and observing self-administration of medication
• Manages medications including completing the MAR, updating the MAR and counting controlled substances
• Provides patient education regarding physical health and medications
• Coordinates care with staff, residents, family, physicians, psychiatrists, hospitals and pharmacies
• Reports and records observable changes in individual’s behavior, attitude and physical condition
• Assists staff with various diagnostic and treatment procedures
• Provides education on procedures and protocols to new employees
• Participates in team and leadership meetings as assigned
• Requires effective verbal, written and nonverbal communication skills
• Possesses cognitive, organizational and emotional abilities and maturity to deal effectively with multiple stressors, deadlines and difficult situations
• Provides direct patient care to adults
• Requires working with patients who could be verbally or physically agitated
• Participates in mandatory overtime (if/when needed)
• Associate’s degree in nursing required
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
At least one year of psychiatric experience; experience in a hospital or acute care setting preferred
LPN or RN (valid in MO) required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Nurse LPN/RN- Crisis Center (Weekend Nights)
Advancement opportunitiesProfessional developmentLicensure supervisionMentor opportunitiesTuition reimbursementScholarship programEmployee Assistance ProgramHeadspace AccessPaid time off & Paid HolidaysNHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Critical Care
- Health Assessment