Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY Technology and Global Business Services Private Limited (HUBBELL INDIA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hubbell Inc. Hubbell India provides Engineering Services, Business Solutions and IT Services. Hubbell Engineering located in Ascendas, ITPL,Chennai, is engaged in the business of computer aided design and engineering services. The Hubbell Business Solutions functions at Infopark Kochi, provide superior business intelligence, knowledge services and business process solutions across Hubbell divisions and Corporate. IT Services team is spread across Chennai and Kochi.
Hubbell Electrical Products LLP located in Chennai is poised to assist with part and product manufacturing for all Hubbell Business units
Burndy Technology & Global Business Services Pvt Ltd
8th Floor, Lulu Cyber Tower
Infopark, Kochi, Kerala - 682042
We are looking for Cost Accounting resources to join our team. If you have minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience working in cost accounting, analysis and reporting, preferably in the manufacturing environment, we are interested in you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily cost roll and Material Master validation and activation
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly analysis reports - Earned hours & Absorption reports, Production Order Variance, Purchase Price Variance (PPV), Labor Efficiency and Cost Center Spending Reports etc
- Prepare cost estimates of new products, quarterly current cost roll and annual cost roll
- Analyzing data to determine current material cost, labor rates and overhead rates
- Analyzing changes in Bill of Materials or Routing to ensure accuracy
- Analyzing inventory valuation and Excess & Obsolete inventory reserve
- Assisting in month end close & ad hoc projects
- Documenting the process followed for training and future reference.
Skills and Experience
Education: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Commerce / MBA Finance / ICWA / CMA
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in cost accounting processes in a Manufacturing Environment
Strong Cost systems background and excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
SAP FICO, MS Excel
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Accurate and precise attention to detail
Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes