PLEASE NOTE: Your application for this position includes all locations within the district.
District Manager – role is similar to an innovative business entrepreneur and owner, with special emphases on comp sales, used sales, talent retention, trades, guest experience, and loss prevention. Within GameStop's broadly defined parameters, District Leaders have the autonomy, authority, and responsibility to inspire outstanding business results through others as the leaders of their district's performance development strategy.
Store Manager – directly influences the performance of everyone who interacts with guests and supports a solution selling environment. The Store Leader is responsible for fostering a selling culture that creates unique, complete solutions that exceed guest’s expectations. The Store Leader ensures best-in-class guest service for every GameStop guest by using elements of GameStop's buy, sell, trade, and reservation business model, the Circle of Life. The Store Leader makes discretionary decisions involving all sales initiatives, operational effectiveness, marketing, scheduling, employment, and all other aspects of the day-to-day business processes of a GameStop store, which will demonstrate the commitment to a unique solutions selling experience for all guests.
Qualified District Manager candidates will possess the following:
- 3 years of successful, related experience as a multi-unit leader required
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science from a regionally accredited college or university in a related field of study, such as business administration, is required, although equivalent experience may be accepted as a substitute
- Proven ability to work productively with others, welcome and adapt well to change, communicate thoughts and feelings effectively, and receive and respond to feedback from others maturely
60 to 70% with occasional overnight stays.
Qualified Store Manager candidates will possess the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- Must be able to provide genuine and friendly assistance to every guest during every visit
- High school diploma or GED required; An Associate’s or accredited Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business, marketing, merchandising, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of retail sales, guest service, and/or management/leadership experience required; at least 1 year of retail management experience preferred
- Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted, for extended periods (up to 12 hours per day)
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 30 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
- Must be able to occasionally travel unassisted via car and/or plane to offsite conferences and meetings (less than 10%)
- Must be able to work a minimum of 44 hours per week
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: Req-104056
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Headquartered in Grapevine, TX, GameStop.com Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of GameStop, Inc., is the world's largest online video game and entertainment software specialty retailer. Game Stop, Inc. is a Barnes & Noble company.
View the full profile
GameStop.com Inc. sells the most popular new software, hardware and game accessories for the PC and next generation game console systems from Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sega and is also the industry's largest reseller of pre-played games. In addition, GameStop.com sells computer magazines and strategy guides, action figures, collectible trading cards, and other related merchandise to the more than 30 million customers that visit the company's site each year.
Game Stop Corp. is the nation's largest video game and entertainment software specialty retailer. We carry one of the largest assortments of popular new and used video game hardware, video game software and accessories, PC entertainment software, and related products, including action figures, and strategy guides. We operate over 1,000 retail stores throughout 49 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, under the names of Game Stop, Babbage’s, Software Etc., and FuncoLand. Our stores are located within shopping malls and strip center locations. In addition, we operate a website at www.gamestop.com and publish Game Informer, one of the industry’s largest circulation multi-platform video game magazines, with over 600,000 subscribers