Big Data EngineerCompensation:
Robert Half Technology is seeking a Data Engineer for a remote position with our Philadelphia based client.
The DBA/ Data Engineer should have experience in cloud hosted environment managing backup recovery, replication, high availability, designing and managing schema, monitoring diagnosing and optimizing database performance. Using your experience, you will develop and maintain technical standards, procedures, and documentation. You will also maintain highly available system supporting PostgreSQL database in multi-region and container environments. This person will work with business owners, engineers and other groups to design strong reliable solutions.
• Work alongside our cloud infrastructure team to plan, administer, maintain and secure PostgreSQL databases in an AWS environment.
• Define standard practices and procedures for operational support, writing and updating documentation
• Ensure systems are running at the highest possible performance level as well as analyzing and tuning queries.
• Analyze database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to database designs, naming standards, design standards, data conversions, and documentation.
• Desire to learn about the data and it’s use to make recommendations for improvements in how it is stored and processed
• Build and maintain highly available systems to ensure maximum up time. This includes Postgres databases in containers
• Work in unity with our Business Intelligence (BI) team to design, build and maintain Data Warehouse for BI and analytics
• Manage system security and protect PII data.
• A Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of PostgreSQL DBA
• Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of AWS database offerings (e.g. RDS, Aurora, and Dynamo)
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development
• Demonstrated experience in data modeling tools.
• Experience with Data Warehousing and utilizing ETL tools such as AWS Glue
• Experience working with PostgreSQL database in containers
• Knowledge of Oracle a plus
PostgreSQL, AWS Technologies, Agile Development, RDS, Dynamo DB, Data Modeling, Database Development
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Engineer
for more information.
Extract Transform And Load (Etl)