This is a PRN position. The Children's Hospital of San Antonio/CHRISTUS Health System is seeking pediatric hematology/oncology and BMT nurses to provide care and treatment for children and adolescents with cancer, hematological and immunologic disorders, and bone marrow transplant. Join the only stand-alone children's hospital in San Antonio providing comprehensive pediatric care.
Our specialty inpatient unit currently consists of 12 heme/onc beds and 8 BMT beds. RNs collaborate with a diverse multidisciplinary team to provide compassionate and family-centered care for Hematology/Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant patients and their families.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Life Support