To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salem, AL 36874
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Delivery Driver - Class A - Salem, AL
Merchants Foodservice • Salem, AL
Posted 4 days ago
It will be the resposibility of the delivery driver to:
- Check route paper work prior to leaving yard
- Ensure that he/she has correct trailer & tractor
- Sign into on board computer with route no & id
- Drive Safely & follow all DOT rules & regulations
- Deliver all product error free & in a timely manner
- Collect any monies due as indicated by invoice
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Upon return to yard empty trailer (consolidate at domiciles )
- Separate, sort & account for all invoices
- Place all money envelopes in the safe or route bag
- Verify & sign off on pick up slips
- Any other driver duties that may be assigned
Skill, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of route delivery.
- Able to read & understand an invoice.
- Safe driving habits & driving record & acceptable MVR, able to lift 50+ pounds on a continuous basis.
- Customer Service attitude.
Physical Body Positions:
- Use of hands, arms, legs, eyes and voice.
- Requires basic communication and math skills. Must be able to comprehend industry terms. Computer literate, able to operate on board computer system
- Outside in all weather conditions.
- Tractor cab & inside trailer & customer premises including coolers & freezers
Education Required: High School or equivalent
Experience: Minimum two years driving experience with the proper license