- Works with vison owners, stakeholders, software community and team to design and implement shared cloud infrastructure
- Implements reusable infrastructure as code
- Provides guidance to community for adoption and extension of reusable infrastructure
- Thought leader for patterns and practices to support the successful deployment and operation of cloud software systems
- Evaluates and integrates infrastructure tools
- Writes documentation and samples targeted for the software community
- Participates in Agile software development and DevSecOps
- Develops APIs and systems to facilitate the automated deployment of complex cloud systems
Required skills: (Minimum 5 yrs of experience)
- Deploying and operating complex software systems on at least one major cloud
- Kubernetes container orchestration
- Deployment infrastructure tooling, or similar, e.g. Terraform, Helm, Linux etc.
- Observability tooling such as Prometheus, Fluentd, Datadog, Grafana, Kiali etc.
- Building scalable and fault-tolerant systems
- Istio, Envoy or other service meshes
- Scripting languages used for programming infrastructure e.g. python, bash etc.
- Markup languages such as YAML and JSON
- CI/CD including GitOps
- Test automation
Nice to have
- Experience with multiple cloud environments, e.g. Azure, AWS, Google, etc.
- OpenShift Container Platform infrastructure
- Hashicorp Vault, cloud-native KMSes, or other secrets management tools
- Networking/network security
- Deployment strategies such as blue/green, canary
- User story writing
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Bash (Scripting Language)
- Cloud Platform System
- Continuous Integration