To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
311 Merrill Road
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Fire Control Operational Support - Deputy Program Manager Engineering
General Dynamics Mission Systems • Pittsfield, MA
Posted 24 days ago
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Deputy Program Manager Engineering for the SSBN Operational Support program. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Plans, authorizes, and monitors the engineering work (including providing strong leadership to ensure all events occur as planned)
- Staffs the project team (along with Engineering and Program Management) with the appropriate engineering personnel
- Fosters cross-functional collaboration and builds project consensus
- Oversees performance, cost, scope and schedule for all engineering efforts (including efforts that are subcontracted)
- Ensures that total system requirements are validated
- Ensures that total system is integrated, tested and verified
- Ensures all project deliverables (including documentation) are developed with high quality and delivered on time
- Develops and maintains engineering plans as required by the project
- Manages the engineering related risks and opportunities of the project
- Develops and manages the project change management process
- Ensures that all engineering processes to be used adhere to established engineering practices
- Manages engineering resources (e.g. staff assignments, capital equipment, etc.), organizational interfaces, and engineering scope
- Identifies, develops, analyzes, and reports engineering project measures
- Conducts monthly engineering status reviews and provides material for the monthly program reviews
- Implements effective corrective actions as required
- Manages the resolution of technical issues, communicates the resolution to all affected parties, and ensures that the resolution is carried out in all of the affected artifacts.Conducts lessons learned after each major phase of the project
- Scope of projects are usually medium to large (>$25M) and or have large engineering teams (>25)
- Motivates the engineering team and provides a clear understanding of project goals
- Rewards the team members that drive the success of the project
- Provides performance feedback and management for the project team
- Takes immediate & decisive action in dealing with technical & performance issues
- Leads medium to large proposals with identification of cross business unit strengths and technical shortcoming
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven team building and motivation skills
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Proven problem solving skills in complex environments
- Recognized internally as proficient in project management
- Demonstrated ability to apply or develop highly advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts
- Demonstrated understanding of company policies and practices
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering processes and practices
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of tools and Microsoft Project
- Demonstrated knowledge of various project life cycles including agile
- Demonstrated ability to communicate issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Demonstrated ability to easily and effectively communicate project topics to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated ability to clearly report relevant information
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls for large complex programs
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate technology, process, and skill needs
- Demonstrates proactive leadership and has name recognition throughout the business unit
- Creates an environment in which impact of technology on the business is clearly recognized
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran