Description - ExternalPOSITION SUMMARY:
To direct and manage the day to day clinical operations of the rehab department. To provide clinical leadership within the rehab team. Responsible for coordinating the three rehab disciplines, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology therapy staff. To provide quality patient care. To maintain effective communications with Facility/Center staff, patients, families, and management. To monitor, enhance and expand the rehabilitation programs within the health care center. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversees all services and operations of the rehab department to ensure that quality care is provided in all therapy disciplines. Participates as directed in healthcare centers Quality Assurance Program. Ability and willingness to achieve organizational and individual goals by seizing opportunities and learning from experience.
2. Attends or assures rehab department representation at healthcare center meetings as outlines in the SLA.
3. Oversight and/or completion of weekly, monthly, billing, response to Medicare Denials, Utilization Reviews and other required reports ensuring they are accurate and timely including developing PI plans and ensuring follow through on PI plans.
4. Provides recommendations to Regional Rehab Director for new hires, promotions, termination, equipment etc.
5. Participates in marketing activities as approved by the Regional Rehab Director adhering to the SLA, to physicians, hospitals, discharge planners and other community organizations.
6. Completes Evaluations, Assessments, and treatments accurately, including all documentation/records, according to policy and the individualized care plan in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Follows established policies and procedures as related to the scope of practice. Recognizing and responding to priorities in patient care by showing initiative and sound judgment.
8. Demonstrates willingness to adapt to change in workload and assists with training/orienting others.
9. Provides a clean, safe environment with well-stocked supplies and functioning equipment. Has current knowledge of proper equipment usage.
10. Observes uniform code or dress guidelines and wears ID badge at all times.
11. Fosters teamwork environment and is supportive of cultural diversity.
12. Accepts responsibility to report any alleged or suspected violations to supervisor and/or others until the issue is resolved.
13. Adheres to Great Customer Service principles of the organization and represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
14. Reports to work on time as scheduled; providing proper notification per policy of tardiness, planned or unplanned PTO.
15. Follows all Tenets of the Organization; demonstrating the Committed to Caring Philosophy throughout each work day.
16. Fosters a culture of compliance by following the Code of Conduct and other applicable policies and regulatory requirements at all times.
17. Completes all required orientation, in services and trainings timely and successfully.
18. Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor. Qualifications
Qualifications - InternalLICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Valid professional license in State of practice Graduate of an accredited program APTE, AOTE, or ASHA, in the discipline of practice. TRAINING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Must speak, read and write the English language fluently. ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate a strong sense of quality, work ethic and flexibility. Always representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to take initiative and use sound judgment in routine and emergency situations. Knowledge of established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment. Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
- Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
- Develops good rapport easily with patients, families, partners and customers; exhibiting a helpful and courteous attitude at all times.
- General proficiency in computer usage especially Microsoft Office applications and electronic medical record reporting following HIPAA regulations.
- Maintains self-direction, able to prioritize demonstrating excellent time management to obtain outcomes and strategic goals by targeted deadlines.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, as required.
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Jan 24, 2022, 6:18:24 AM
- Clinical Works
- Conflict Management