At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Business Development Executive is responsible for licensing IBM Systems technologies and establishing strategic collaborations with third parties around IBM Systems technologies for income back into IBM. Primary responsibility will be in support of our IBM Systems technologies and solutions. The Business Development Executive will be responsible for identifying a pipeline of potential opportunities, identifying potential partners, establishing client contacts (leveraging the broader IBM), organizing client briefings, delivering technical statement of work documents, structuring financial deal proposals, negotiating agreements, and maintaining client relationships. Achievement of the above goals requires the ability to work closely with the IBM Systems team to understand the various technologies and their associated value proposition to a given client set. This is an opportunity to engage directly with key industry partners to develop long term relationships and strategies to enable ongoing business benefits. This role supports IBM's IP income goals and will have a direct impact on IBM’s bottom line. If you are a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, a creative problem solver, who does NOT take no for an answer, then this is the role for you!
- Understanding of, and development of, potential licensing offerings from IBM's available Systems IP.
- Development and execution of plans to identify and engage target clients.
- Ability to drive deals to closure, engaging all required internal and external teams to complete deals.
- Ability to understand and identify new opportunities based on industry changes and emerging technologies.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 10+ years general systems understanding and electrical/computer engineering experience.
- 10+ years direct client engagement experience including executive engagement.
- 10+ years internal executive communication experience.
- 10+ years project management experience.
- 5+ years sales experience.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Solid executive communication skills
- Ability to multitask and be flexible with various priorities based on the needs of the business at any given time.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Software, or related scientific field
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work enviorments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.