Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we invest over $450 million in technology every year so that we can continue to provide exceptional solutions for our customers. As the Senior IT Network Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of the company's voice, data, video, data center and wireless network services. We’ll make sure you have the tools, resources and support to keep these systems running smoothly, while building a rewarding career for yourself.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Plan, design and develop local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization
- Ensure proper installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all network hardware, software and communication links
- Accurately analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely manner
- Provide mentoring and training for junior staff members as needed
- Implement and stabilize Cisco RF infrastructure
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10 years of related work experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, WWAN design and implementation, network capacity planning, network security principles and general network management best practices
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and internet standards, including BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, Cisco's Data Center Network Design and Architecture, as well as Hierarchical Network Design, Cisco routers and switches (6500 series and Nexus 7000, 5000 and 2000 series)
It’d be great if you also have:
- CCNP certification
- Availability for a rotating on-call support schedule and occasional travel
- Strong knowledge of Citrix load balancers
- Hands-on technical knowledge of networking operating systems and CISCO IOS
- Extensive knowledge of routing and switching
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits
- Ability to align service offerings with the organization's goals and objectives
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Experience working with Cisco RF infrastructure
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Wide Area Networks
Local Area Networks