The Trade Deduction Coordinator is responsible for providing financial administrative support for Finance, Sales and Marketing focused on trade and promotional spending, reporting and various other financial responsibilities. This includes coordinating promotional activities and deductions against customer receivables. Provide miscellaneous type of administrative support including reporting, payment processing, research, etc. Essential Job Duties
Develops and maintains a customer manual related to key area of responsibility
- Performs deduction clearing responsibilities within established KPI targets.
- Communicates and provides effective service to connecting groups (such as sales, trade planning, trade systems support and marketing departments)
- Provides daily assignments to Deductions Representative.
- Maintains deduction allocation to events within the trade tool (DSD and Direct)
- Researches and follows-up on all internal and external inquiries regarding trade and promotional discrepancies, etc.
- Monitors assigned accounts to reduce aging deductions
- Pulls invoices for pricing and promotion investigations
- Investigates and prepares documentation for DSD customer pricing and promotion deductions for both branded and partner brands products
- Settles partner brand deductions to be billed back to the Partner Brand
- Submits branded deductions to trade suite for clearing by the Trade Deduction Analyst
- Prepares route chargebacks for quantity differences
- Obtains back up for Direct and DSD deductions via customer portals, deduction mail box or from appropriate Account Managers.
- Attaches back-up in Oracle and submit to trade tool for clearing by the Trade Deduction Analyst.
- Serves as a backup for other positions in the Customer Deduction Department as needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
Work is done mostly independently by following practices and procedures with supervision based on predetermined thresholds and month-end review. High volume of transactions.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required – email communicator that can quickly and professionally convey request/response. Requires a “customer service” mentality. Ability to communicate financial and technical information to non-technical audiences. Ability to respond to frequent requests and complaints while maintaining business relationships.
- High transaction volume and communications requires strong attention to detail and organization skills. Able to manage deadlines while maintaining high level of accuracy.
- Intermediate Excel skills required. Should be self-starter with new software and technology. Oracle experience/exposure is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret corporate process and procedures; good verbal communication skills; ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints; ability to speak effectively with co-workers, customers and others within various level of the sales organization.
- Ability to understand common business processes and solve practical problems; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished both in written and oral form; ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
Education and Experience
Associates degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree and experience or education in finance/accounting preferred. Oracle experience is a plus.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 19800
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder’s-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover, Lance, Cape Cod, Krunchers!, Tom’s, Archway, Jays, Stella D’oro, O-Ke-Doke, and Grande brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. The Company Snyder’s-Lance Inc. was formed by bringing the best of two companies together in Snyder’s of Hanover and Lance Inc. in December 2010.
View the full profile