Manpower is currently hiring for a Microbiology Lab Technician to support our client's team, based out of Vernon, California!
Are you looking for a temp to hire role with a respectable company in the food industry? We have just the position for you!
What's in it for you?
- Full time hours.
- Monday- Friday 1st shift including some Saturdays
- Location: Vernon, California
- Pay Weekly (Friday)
- Temporary to hire
- Paying $20/hr.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare, review, and report results of microbiological analyses
- Proactively maintain and document records per established procedures
- Identify and communicate results that require further investigation or discussion with the Department Manager/Supervisor
- Maintain good laboratory practices and follow all food safety protocols
- Perform lab supplies inventory 6. Responsible for calibration of lab equipment
- Participate in proficiency test as needed per lab and customer requirements
- Support Plant EMP program and conduct EMP swabs per schedule as required
- Perform annual validation test as directed
- Arrange and organize samples for 3rd party lab testing
- Support any special project from the Quality department or given by the supervisor/manager
Who we're looking for:
- Minimum BS in Food Science, microbiology, or any science degree
- Preferred experience with Laboratory
- Broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of a food testing laboratory
- 2 -3 years' experience in food manufacturing plant performing quality or analytical procedures related to production
- Strong organizing skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Must be able to lift 25lb
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
Stop your job search and apply today. Email your resume at
We love referrals so please share our job with friends and family.
- Analytical Procedures
- Attention To Detail
- Food Safety