Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
The Staff Scientist, Assay Development – Translational Genomics, will be responsible for development and validation of molecular assays requiring isolation of nucleic acid and detection using amplification, nucleic acid sequencing, genotyping, or gene expression analysis. The ideal candidate will have a molecular biology, oncology, immunology, microbiology, and/or human genetics background, strong communication and organizational skills, leads by influence, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Serve as an Assay Development lead on new product development and/or process improvement projects involving genomic technologies.
- Spearhead development and validation of molecular assays using genomic technologies such as DNA sequencing, amplification, genotyping, and gene expression.
- Develop and optimize nucleic acid (DNA, RNA) extraction methodologies involving liquid and tissue specimens/samples.
- Evaluate new genomic technologies and drives their implementation within the assay development team.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in molecular biology, oncology, immunology, microbiology, and/or human genetics in internal and external interactions.
- Serve as the scientific lead on internal and/or client projects.
- Proactively contributes to discussions with clients and engage and communicate with clients to provide differentiated solutions.
- Engage, communicate, and influence clients on assay development strategies.
- Introduces, drives implementation, and teaches new technologies to the team. Researches and performs due diligence around functional technological initiatives.
- Coach/mentor professionals in a broad scope of technical, product and professional subjects.
- Seeks, identifies and delivers on opportunities to publish (posters, patents, journals) as applicable to unit of work.
- Responsible for, with increasing accountability for, creation and review of experimental designs, protocols, plans, procedures, product/process documents and reports to achieve department objectives.
- Leads/facilitates technical and/or strategic discussions and decision making across functions.
- Responsible for review and/or approval of documentation.
- Uses sound judgment and thinks through impacts of situations, options, and broader impact as well.
- Liaisons with other functions such as Project Services, Bioinformatics, Software, Operations, and Quality
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical expert on use of molecular biology techniques including hands-on experience with high throughput DNA Sequencers, and genotyping and Real-Time PCR equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to present and write technical Information and train staff on molecular methods.
- Has in-depth understanding of risk management concepts and can assess product, process, project and schedule risks.
- Communicates effectively across functions and manages relationships with internal and external partners and customers.
- Leads by example in driving collaboration, encouraging team work, and motivating and recognizing the team. Removes obstacles to team work and collaboration.
- Knowledge of Companion Diagnostics and/or Design Controls is preferred but not required.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, as well as experience in bio-statistical software.
- Demonstrated understanding of molecular biology, analyze data, and solve technical problems.
- Demonstrates Q2 Solutions values of Quality, Teamwork, Leadership, Accountability, and Integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to summarize, analyze and convey complex information clearly and adjust communication to the audience.
- Clinical laboratory assay development or CLIA experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively navigate on-line biological databases including NCBI (e.g. PubMed, Entrez, etc.), EMBL, Sanger, etc.
- Accountable for decisions within scope of work. Uses sound judgment and thinks through impacts of situations, options, and broader impact as well.
- Ability to influence tactical decisions within assay development and across functions within product line.
- Motivates and engages team mates by asking for input and listening to other ideas.
- PhD preferred but not required.
- Strong molecular biology background.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to effectively execute multiple tasks.
- Able to drive problem solving activities within area of work. Uses Pareto charts, 5 Whys, fish bone diagrams to get to root cause.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Leads using influence.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree or educational equivalent in cell biology, molecular biology, cancer biology, pharmacology or related field with 8 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at URL blocked - click to apply to arrange for such an accommodation.Job ID:
Laboratory Information Management Systems
High Performance Liquid Chromatography