Nurse Practitioner Endocrinology AdventHealth Medical Group
Gateway Medical Office Building
7450 Kessler, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time Days
Monday – Friday
40 hours a week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Delegates and/or assigns nursing care responsibilities considering the following factors - the degree of supervision needed by the associate, competence and experience level, staff availability, and patient acuity.
- Utilizes Patient Care Problem Solving Process and/or Conflict Resolution Process to resolve patient care conflicts.
- Initiates and maintains accurate records, appropriate legal documents and other health and nursing care reports.
- Transmits/prescribes prescription orders pursuant to written protocols as authorized by a sponsoring physician and in accordance with DEA requirements.
- Incorporates patient, physician, patient needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of self-care, psychosocial needs, education, environment and discharge planning, incorporating information from the identified significant other and other health providers.
- Utilizes skills of observation, inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation using diagnostic instruments or laboratory procedures that are basic to the screening of physical signs and symptoms.
- Assesses learning needs, readiness, and capabilities of patient/family, including cultural, religious practices, language barriers, emotional barriers, educational level, motivation and limitations.
- Documents patient care findings within established standards utilizing CPOE.
What You Will Need:
- Master’s Degree
- Up to 1 Year of Position-Related Experience
- Kansas Nurse Practitioner License (APRN/NP)
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Nurse Practitioner (APRN/NP) is a professional nurse licensed in Kansas to function in an expanded role to provide primary health care to individuals, families or groups. Nurse Practitioners function in a collegial relationship with physicians and other health professionals in the delivery of primary health care services. They are able to make independent decisions with physicians in carrying out health regimens for families and clients. The Nurse Practitioner demonstrates AIDET, is proficient in CPOE and is a resource to the physicians, nurses and other disciplines. In collaboration with the physician, the Nurse Practitioner is able to perform a comprehensive History and Physical, develop and implement a plan of care, order and interpret results of laboratory and diagnostic tests, coordinate and initiate consults, review and adjust medications and dosages, provide patient education and comprehensive discharge planning. The Nurse Practitioner consults and collaborates with other physicians and disciplines to ensure smooth and timely throughput, including coordination of discharges and transfers. The Nurse Practitioner documents and meets criteria for evidence based and quality outcomes. The Nurse Practitioner may work with utilization review, multidisciplinary teams and floor managers to achieve prompt and proper admission and placement, optimize length of stay, and provides superior quality service.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Decision Making
- Nurse Practitioner
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Complex Problem Solving