Performs sonography in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
* Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
* When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
* Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
* Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes images and identifies issues with the quality of images. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure if clinically appropriate.
* Takes on call shift responsibilities as required by the department.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT POSITIONING AND PROCEDURES: Performs imaging procedures on all anatomical areas of the body.
* IMAGE PRODUCTION, ANALYSIS AND ARCHIVAL: Applies appropriate imaging factors, conducts image analysis and utilizes archival techniques.
* PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND CARE: Assesses and provides patient care prior to, during and/or after procedures; considering medical condition, age and diversity.
* ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* Accredited Program
* Ultrasound Technologist
* American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
* BLS Certification
* BLS American Heart E-Card
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist program
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
* Bending and Stooping 60.00%
* Climbing 40.00%
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Kneeling 60.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Reaching 60.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 40.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Sitting 60.00%
* Squatting 40.00%
* Standing 60.00%
* Walking 60.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 20.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 40.00%
* Hazardous Medication 40.00%
* Latex 20.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Domestic Animals 40.00%
* Fire Risk 20.00%
* Heating Devices 40.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 20.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
* Radiation 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 20.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West's many respected specialty programs include:
* Medical and Surgical Services
* Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
* Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
* Memorial Cancer Institute
* Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County's first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
* Memorial Neuroscience Institute
* Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
* Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
* The Family Birthplace
* Women's Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 - and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an 'A' Ranking for Patient Safety.
**_Disclaimer:_** _This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification._
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law. We are proud to offer Veteran's Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.
- Basic Life Support
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service