The Field Service Technician is a customer-oriented individual who provides excellent service and customized solutions. This individual repairs batteries, chargers and battery handling equipment in a timely and efficient manner at the customer's site, while also actively seeking opportunities to offer the right products to the customer. You'll have access to a company vehicle and training to make you effective. But, you need to bring a working knowledge of standard shop tools, a good understanding of basic electricity/electronics, and the ability to read, analyze and interpret documents. If you enjoy bringing solutions to the customer and don't mind getting your hands a little dirty, this might be for you!
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ensure work orders/PIR’s are filled out properly and in a timely manner.
- Convey all information to the proper contact at the customer’s location to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Recognize and recommend safety and EPA issues.
- Keep the service vehicle in good working order and stocked correctly, maintained to manufacturer’s
- Practice safety and good housekeeping at customer site, in shop and in all circumstances when representing Exide.
- Help out where needed (Shop) or as directed by Management
- Operate company vehicles in a safe, courteous manner, in all traffic.
- Communicate with Management and Sales on any customer issues.
- Actively promote point of sale items and allied products and services.
- Proper use of company funds and assets in the execution of the job.
- Represent Exide in a neat and professional manner in accordance with Exide standards.
- Ability to operate forklift truck, crane, and reach truck on a regular basis.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of battery industry or related experience
- Field Service experience a plus
- Working knowledge of standard shop tools
- Forklift Training Certification a plus
- Possess Commercial Drivers License with hazardous material endorsements or the ability to obtain
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and maintain a positive attitude
- Analytical ability to prioritize work and move from task to task
- Must be detail oriented
- Basic computer skills including working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
OTHER CATEGORIES AS REQUIRED:
- While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Individual is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to regularly lift a minimum 50lbs on a daily basis and 51 to 150lbs with assistance of equipment on a daily to weekly basis
- Regular use of safety glasses. Vision requirements: close vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Individual regularly exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- Noise level is minimal to loud.
- Surroundings clean to dirty.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Attention To Detail