Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide engineering integration oversight and coordination support
• Track deliverables and milestones, update Technical Data Packages (TDPs) and Installation Design Packages (IDPs) for systems upgrades and installations
• Perform research and develop technical data based on Naval Requirements and/or other design specifications in support of C4I Systems shipboard integration
• Develop block diagrams that detail the connectivity design of the Naval Messaging System components and develop drawings used for electrical cabinet integration and installation
• Participate in drawing reviews in support of team activities
• Assist in the preparation of technical presentations, reports, or process studies used for both
• Applies appropriate standards, procedures, and specifications to create designs, engineering drawings, and documentation using Autodesk Inventor for 3D modeling and AutoCad for drafting
• Ensures that all drawings and documentation are in proper format and comply with company, industrial, and applicable military and federal specifications
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability interpreting and updating engineering drawings according to applicable Military Specifications and drafting standards
• Strong technical writing skills including experience writing test plans, test procedures and technical manuals
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience with AutoCAD, Inventor or Solidworks
• Ability to express ideas and plans both verbally and in writing
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Working knowledge of Engineering Drawing Practices (ASME Y14.100) and Types and Applications of Engineering Drawings (ASME Y14.24) along with 3D modeling, system integration, and assembly experience
• System design experience integrating and customizing computer system based Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) devices
• Experience designing and prototyping custom metal fabrications and cable assemblies.
• Familiarity with industry technical standards
• Navy C4I system experience
• Experience / familiarization with American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and Military standards
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled