Growing company is looking for an experienced Product Design Engineer. The profile must support the development activity of multiple industries from automotive to military and aftermarket.
The project engineer works strictly together with the customer and the designers as an important member of the development and production process.
- Ownership of design and development of automotive interior hard trim components from feasibility to production release to (SOP).
- Track assembly and component part functional, testing, key date timing, key characteristics, and weight requirements to SOP.
- Lead engineering and design reviews to develop and maintain open issues list.
- Support the manufacturing plant with design solutions for production part quality, assembly and manufacturing issues.
- Control of Design Verification Plans and Sign off Report.
- Initiate development testing as required and report results into the DVP&R.
- Bachelor of Science- Engineering degree (BSME Preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years of plastic part design, preference for automotive engineering experience (CAD design, Product Engineering)
- 5 to 10 years' experience automotive
- Experience in tooling plastic components and processes are strongly preferred.
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical system preferably in automotive industry.
- Experience working with Windows operating system as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with CAD - CATIA V5 OR Solidworks
- Understanding of Component Releasing, Change Control and Data management is desired.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Product Design Engineer
Connect with me on LinkedIn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
- Solid Works (Cad)
- Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application (Catia)