About CBIZ CMF
CBIZ CMF is a division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) with a service line focused on mergers, acquisitions, and transitions for private equity-backed firms across North America. Our professionals are dynamic, operations-oriented financial executives who are accustomed to the issues, ambiguity, and interpersonal dynamics of businesses going through transitions and transactions. Culturally, the division is an entrepreneurial, service-oriented, and team-centric, meritocracy. We are looking for “A” players to round out our team.
CBIZ CMF is fortunate to have additional scale and competencies through our parent company CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) and their over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities in the U.S. In partnership with our parent company, additionally, we are able to offer a comprehensive set of services including: Tax, Audit, Valuation, Risk & Advisory, Corporate Recovery, Benefits, Property & Casualty and other insurance related services.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
About the Role
CBIZ CMF is looking for a Staff Accountant for their Philadelphia, Center City office. The Staff Accountant will support the CBIZ CMF team in various administrative and accounting functions. This role will perform the day to day accounting, financial, operational and administrative duties. We are seeking an individual that is detail oriented, highly-motivated, team-oriented, and diligent.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Verify all timesheets have been submitted and approved.
- Process cash receipts and chase outstanding Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Work with vendors to assure accuracy and code payables into FileBound.
- Audit expense reports.
- Set up consulting projects within CBIZ CMF systems and invoice clients.
- Assist in preparing flash reports, respond to ad-hoc requests involving invoicing or general office issue.
- Provide support with various month-end processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of experience working as a Staff Accountant.
- Project Accounting experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Oracle experience a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Two years of functional accounting experience.
- Proficient use of applicable technology.
- Able to work in team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail