General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Appian Architect in Rockville, MD to join our team supporting the FDA.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is the federal agency responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation. The FDA is also responsible for: advancing the public’s health by helping to speed innovations that make medicines and foods more effective, safer, and more affordable; helping the public acquire the accurate, science-based information they need to use medicines and foods to improve their health.
As a Appian Architect involved in all phases of the development life cycle, you will participate in design sessions, both from custom code as well as architecture stand point. Additional duties to include:
- Lead thought process on how to best leverage the software to solve business problems – both known and unknown
- Leverage deep industry and product-specific knowledge to support the end-to-end software development lifecycle of a large-scale Appian based digital transformation effort
- Manage Appian architecture design and security decisions
- Provide input on Appian related technical matters, including development approaches, ad hoc technical issues and questions on environment and technical specifications
- Work closely with IT teams to manage integration of Appian and other existing core systems
- Liaison between business stakeholders, product manager, broader IT organization, Appian implementation partners, and senior leadership to ensure business objectives are met and value is captured
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Appian documentation artifacts, including architecture and infrastructure diagrams
- Guide technical implementation teams on front-end user experience and user interface decisions
- 6+ years development experience in Appian
- 3-5 years architect experience in Appian
- Track record of managing successful Appian implementations
- Ability to come up with creative solutions when challenges in implementation arise
- Thorough understanding of and experience in software development lifecycle and Agile delivery methodology
- Expertise in design and implementation of business integrations and complex enterprise integrations
- Ability to provide estimates/sizing for high-level requirements
- Deep experience in developing and managing Appian workflows, user interfaces, decision rules, and data models
- Experience in various types of rules (business rules, integration rules, validation rules)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong initiative and sense of ownership
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Custom Application development experience outside of Appian
- Prior leadership experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Data Analytics
Attributes for Success:
- Team First Mindset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.