Aluminum Extrusions (AEX) is seeking a Plant Manager, for its Lafayette, Indiana aluminum extrusions facility. The successful incumbent to this position has demonstrated the ability to achieve results in a manufacturing environment and has a passion to put that experience to work to lead a location to achieve manufacturing excellence. This position will partner with the leadership team in translating strategy into action that drives business results for one of the largest facilities in Arconic Aluminum Extrusions.
Aluminum Extrusions serves the global aerospace and automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of forgings and extrusions. Our vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise in aluminum and titanium structural casting is taking the industry to new heights. This BU is also home to our suite of direct and hybrid additive offerings. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH; AEX employs 6200 people in 6 countries at 30 locations. AEX is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE: ARNC).
Profile: This position plans, directs and controls activities of the operating unit to accomplish budgeted financial objectives and customer requirements. The successful leader is responsible for driving manufacturing excellence in support of short-term and long-range objectives and strategies – to be achieved through effective planning and performance in the disciplines of Human Resources, Purchasing, Finance, Manufacturing, EHS, Engineering and Quality. This incumbent must have the ability to drive connections to the P&L to achieve benchmark industry specific earnings performance.
Essential Functions: The Plant Manager, Lafayette Operations is accountable for the creation of the strategic vision as well as the tactical management and effective operational execution for this large manufacturing site. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Operational Knowledge -extensive knowledge and hands on experience driving continuous improvement through the effective application of lean manufacturing principles, preferably in the metals industry.
- Business Acumen — proficiency and experience in understanding the location’s holistic P&L (and other financial) statements and successfully executing operational line items contained. Thorough knowledge of commercial markets and customers served; including end applications for location parts as well as margins for said parts.
- Administration and Management — knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Law and Government — working knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. This leader must have the ability to identify when something is wrong and/or is likely to go wrong.
- Talent Management – the successful incumbent will lead with a talent management mindset; partnering with the location HR lead to identify critical roles with appropriately resourced succession plans. This leader will be committed to the development and performance management for the location’s entire workforce.
- Leadership Attributes— the position requires personal and professional maturity that promotes a culture of appropriate autonomous decision making; risk taking; and accountability.
- Integrity — this position requires the highest standards of honesty and ethical behavior and is committed to ensuring organizational compliance with all applicable laws, policies, procedures, practices, etc.
- Stress Tolerance — role requires accepting respectful criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Systems Evaluation — the role requires successfully identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing operations;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S> person as a U.S> citizen, U.S> Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Operations from an accredited institution
- Master of Business Administration
- Experience in metal-working manufacturing
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing concepts and techniques
- Demonstrated positive, constructive leadership in union environment
- Experience working in matrix organization
Continuous Improvement Process