Are you looking for purposeful work? CAREGivers at Home Instead provide focused care 'one person at a time'. Through 'one person at a time' care, they can build meaningful relationships and make a significant difference in the lives of our aging population in their time of need.
Members of our Scheduling department play a critical role interfacing with both CAREGivers and clients, considering needs and ensuring needed care is provided in a timely manner. Organizational information along with key job responsibilities are listed below for this important role.
Mission: Provide superior home care clients recommend and employees are proud of
Vision: Help people live their best life in the face of aging
Mantras: 1) Treat every client like your mother and every CAREGiver like your sister
2) Inspire every customer to fall in love with our company
3) Elevate CAREGiving to a respected and viable careerJob Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Live the values of integrity, responsibility, initiative, service excellence, and thoroughness which enable the realization of the Home Instead Mantras
- Ensure all shifts are filled with an appropriate CAREGiver in a timely manner in their assigned timeframe.
- Support the overall work, as needed, of the Scheduling Team which provides coverage – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to the organization.
- Be attentive to relevant CAREGiver and Client needs in scheduling efforts.
- Resolve issues in a professional and productive manner when they arise and provide outstanding customer service
- Effectively respond to unanticipated challenges and bring effective solutions to clients
- Meet the regularly established goals of the Scheduler position to meet broader organizational objectives
- Utilize the computer system properly including documentation, schedule changes and tasks and ensure all documentation and communication is clear, concise and correct
- Be available to serve as a member of the “on call” schedule
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, customer service, assertiveness and problem-solving skills required
- College degree required; advanced degree desired. Prior experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Knowledge of scheduling systems and advanced computer skills
- Prior healthcare background beneficial
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Complex Problem Solving
Hardworking And Dedicated
Coordinating With Others