The Systems Development Electrical Intern will assist in the development and testing of instruments, software and accessories designed for use in vitro diagnostic medical device systems and laboratory automation systems. The position is intended to be a part-time opportunity for an electrical engineering undergraduate to obtain hands-on engineering experience in medical device and laboratory automation development while contributing to the assembly, test, and documentation efforts.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assemble instruments, test fixtures, and automation systems.
* Assist with testing, troubleshooting, and refinement of device designs.
* Document electrical designs and wiring schematics in Solidworks Electrical.
* Recommend improvements based on test results.
* Design test fixtures and accessories under supervision of engineers.
* Collect and analyze data.
* Prepare and present written and oral reports.
* Enrollment towards Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or similar.
* Basic computer skills to include internet navigation and email usage.
* Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, OneNote, Publisher, and SharePoint.
* Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
* Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Strong observational and analytical skills.
* Ability to work independently and as a team depending on tasks.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot and design basic circuits.
* Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 4 hours per day.
* Ability to work at laboratory bench up to 4 hours at a time.
* Ability to assemble/disassemble mechanical equipment.
* Ability to crimp/label/wire electrical panels and equipment.
* Ability to travel between office locations in Madison, Wisconsin (approximately 8-mile radius).
* Preference given to candidates with a record of outstanding academic achievement.
* Familiar with CAD (Computer-Aided Design) software, such as Solidworks and Solidworks Electrical.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to System Development Electrical Intern
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
- Data Analysis
- Electrical Engineering