Job Title: RF Engineer
Job Location: 12 Months +
Job Duration: Blue Bell, PADescription
The RF Engineer contributes to the RF Design of the regional cellular network including but not limited to:
* Search area issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals within assigned area of responsibility.
* Redesign of mature network areas to maximize performance and minimize capacity constraints.
* Performing Macro/Micro/In-Building Cell Design including antenna selection and placement.
* Partnering with System Performance to improve network performance for existing and emerging technologies.
* Preparing timely FCC/FAA and FAS submissions.
* Conducting data analysis of switch statistics and drive data by conducting drive testing for potential sites, new site integration, and system optimization.
* Performing radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition.
* Ability to use RF propagation and planning tools.
* Conducting and overseeing field tests for potential sites.
* Planning frequency assignments and identifying technical parameters for network growth.
* Planning near term integration of new technologies for first applications in the network.
* Identifying causes of RF interference and troubleshooting interference problems with system performance.
* Preparing data and plots to be used for testimony at zoning hearings in support of new cell site proposals.
* Contributing in the development of long term build plans.
* Utilizing knowledge of CDMA, EVDO, LTE and microwave to contribute in network design.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry
* Demonstrated knowledge in several of the following platforms and/or technologies System Design including: LTE, CDMA, EVDO
* BTS infrastructure including: E///, Lucent, Nokia
* Digital Communications including: Ethernet, IP, CPRI
* Wireless data service including: LTE, CDMA 2000
* Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, MapInfo, Atoll, Site Tracker
* Excellent analytic, troubleshooting, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Ability to perform with general guidance. A thorough understanding of the job and the department's expectations and goals
* Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data, making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager, and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes)
* Leadership skills - commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions
* Flexible to attempt alternate solutions to resolve issues and seamlessly adjust to a dynamic, changing business environment
* Superior organizational and project planning skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, listening attentively, applying appropriate grammar, and integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources
* Driver's license required
* Programming background a plus
Evolution Data Optimized
Code Division Multiple Access