The Sales and Account Manager (SAM) is a field based position charged with enrolling Medicare beneficiaries, residing in a skilled nursing or assisted living facility, into the UnitedHealthcare Institutional Special Needs Plan (ISNP) or the UnitedHealthcare Assisted Living Plan.
If you are located in New York, NY, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilize the national sales model to generate leads and enroll beneficiaries into the UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home or Assisted Living Medicare Advantage plan
- Develop and manage account specific strategies to educate and engage facility personnel, resulting in the generation of interested residents and/or families (responsible parties)
- Utilize traditional sales strategies to uncover needs and introduce features and benefits of the plan
- Generate enrollments consistent with targets established for the territory
- Document all activity to ensure compliance with Medicare Marketing Guidelines
- Participate on daily/weekly standup calls to report activity and month to day results
- Develop and maintain relationship with facility champion(s) through ongoing communication, education and demonstration of the value proposition
- Implement role specific processes designed to educate beneficiaries and generate interest in each assigned facility
- Enroll beneficiaries through appropriate use of face to face, telephonic or other enrollment strategies
- Demonstrate the value of the product to interested parties through the use of CMS approved enrollment materials, knowledge of the plan, and introduction of proof sources
- Update CRM on a daily basis to record interactions with beneficiaries and families
- Comply with all CMS, organization and departmental regulations and policies
- Provide market leadership with facility feedback relative to service and product acceptance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of sales experience or 2+ years experience working in Skilled Nursing Facilities
- 2+ years of account management/territory management skills (including planning, documentation and measurement) or 2+ years experience working in Skilled Nursing Facilities
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) Proficiency
- Must have, or be able to obtain, appropriate state licensure within 90 days of hire date
- Maintain licensure and product certification based on policies and procedures
- Ability to work a variety of hours, early morning, evenings and weekends, as required by various sales activities
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- B2B and B2C experience preferred
- Use of a CRM (salesforce, etc.) preferred
- Demonstrated experience meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Must maintain a state driver’s license or arrange for transportation in the field
- Ability to travel 90% throughout the designated local territory
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: nursing home, sales, Medicare, long term care, laboratory sales, medical sales, DME, durable medical equipment