To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vestal, NY 13850
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance Officer
Pace Analytical • Vestal, NY
Posted 21 days ago
The main function of the Quality Assurance Officer is to certify an internal lab in a wastewater treatment facility. They will be responsible for monitoring and/or review of quality control data, evaluating data and performing independent assessments, notifying lab management of any deficiencies in the quality system and monitoring any required corrective actions.
Note: We are expecting an opening for this position in the near future, if you are interested, please apply.
This position is part-time and expected to last one year.Responsibilities
- Overseeing the laboratory’s quality system
- Tests include: CBOD Influent and Effluent, Total Suspended Solids Influent and Effluent, Fecal Coliform, Settleable Solids Influent and Effluent
- Evaluate data objectively and independently
- Notify laboratory management of any deficiencies in the quality system and manage the required corrective actions
- Bachelor’s degree is required, in Biology or Chemistry preferred, but other related disciplines with relevant work experience and college course work accepted
- At least 1-2 years involved in an environmental lab with QA/QC program management as well as additional years in a professional lab environment
- Knowledge of New York state (N)ELAP procedures required
- Have documented training and/or experience in quality assurance and quality control procedures
- Knowledgeable in the required quality system for laboratory certification
- Knowledge of analytical methods for which they will perform data review
- New York state Drinking Water Plant Operators, Sewage Treatment Plant Operators, and Industrial Waste Facility Operators certifications encouraged, but not required