Equipment Operators at Ferguson:
- Receive supplier shipments
- Pick customer orders
- Ship, transport and deliver material and customer orders
- Operate forklifts or other equipment
- Maintain inventory integrity and product safety at all times.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with OSHA standards and adhere to all policies, rules, regulations and procedures
- Complete training course and pass Powered Industrial Truck Certification (PIT) requirements
A background in Warehouse operations and logistics, including shipping, receiving, delivery, and inventory is preferred.
The ideal Equipment Operator will possess the following:
- Willingness to be trained, tested and Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certified to operate forklift equipment (training completed in-house and paid for by Ferguson)
- Experience with forklift equipment preferred (including but not limited to: stand-up order picker, reach truck, electric pallet jack, dock stocker, sit down counterbalanced forklift)
- Working knowledge of safety regulations and procedures
- Prior experience with production/goal oriented standards
- General computer and math skills
- Warehouse equipment experience required (forklift or heavy equipment)
- Ability to lift 20-70lbs consistently and 100lbs occasionally
- Experience with working at heights up to 40 ft preferred
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)