Assists Sales Consultant in closing transactions by providing design services to Havertys customers. Will visit client's homes to assure proper furniture placement and color coordination, will also recommend additional furniture and accessories for the room design as needed. Maintains consistent level of sales and other key metrics as required by management and Havertys policy, including a minimum monthly sales volume requirement which may be subject to change. Position may involve sales training directly on the sales floor to enable an understanding of the Havertys customer engagement process.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Once introduced to the client, assists Sales Consultant by scheduling, or attending a scheduled qualified home visit. Position may require evening and weekend work at hours convenient to the Customer's schedule.
* Visits customers homes individually or accompanied by sales consultant, as applicable.
* Coordinates with the decision-maker(s) during the home visit and the final presentation to review the items selected, pricing, and delivery schedules, if applicable.
* May build a Presentation Board, consisting of the colors and placement of furniture in the home, the visual samples of the actual furniture, the room plan, any needed accessories.
* May draw floor plans using Havertys.com "RoomPlanner" software.
* Will provide recap to Sales Consultant and Management after each house visit and upon completion of the floor plan and the Presentation Board.
* Will assist Sales Consultant with the creation of special-order skus and sales reserves.
* Will assist Sales Consultant with the creation of floor plans for in-store clients that need to better visualize the purchase, helping to close the sale as an in-store-house-call.
* Provide constructive feedback to customer to help build the sale and increase average ticket.
* Have knowledge of special sales, financing plans, delivery procedures, warranties, etc.
* Reinforce customer selections and help bring sale to closure.
* May use My Sales Center to access and follow-up with customers.
* Maintain knowledge of broad range of furniture styles and products.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in interior design or related field; or 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training/ or equivalent combination of education and experience. ASID certification preferred.
Must have a current valid drivers license with a clean driving record and be able to drive and provide personal transportation to Customer in-home appointments. Reliable transportation with verification of minimum state required car insurance is a requirement of position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email and systems such as Room Planner software/ Microsoft Office components/ Internet software/ Full-shot image ware.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Consulting, Retail, Service
- Customer Relationship Management
- Decision Making
- Interior Design