• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties.
• Designs electrical equipment, components, products, and systems for aerospace and defense purposes.
• Prepares schematics, bills of materials, printed circuit boards, wiring harness, and assembly drawings to support production build of the design.
• Coordinates with other engineering disciplines and departments to ensure overall system form, fit, function and safety requirements are achieved.
• Designs and directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment. Determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
• Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
• Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Preparation of Engineering Change Notice (ECN) to update production drawings
• Ability to create in-process test procedures for the verification of production assemblies
• Ability to work with Quality Assurance to create Acceptance Test Procedures
• Research, test and validate alternate parts to support production during obsolescence of electronic components
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient in the use of Orcad (Cadance). Any other computer-aided design software application is a plus
• Multisim simulator or equivalent
• Mentor Graphics (PADS), Allegro or Altium PCB design viewer/design is a plus
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point at a minimum
• AutoCad design software is a plus
Lehigh Technical is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Printed Circuit Boards Design