Provide supervision of a unit or work group for a specified shift at the facility in a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that all patients’ physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer complaints.
- Role models expectations related to customer service and demonstrates a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety
- Provide direct care for patients as well as monitor and coordinate other nurses and members of the staff on the daily medical or behavioral health care activities of the unit.
- Schedule staff to ensure full coverage at all times and to ensure effective application of services.
- Lead, guide and train employees performing work.
- Oversee and provide direct nursing evaluation, consultation and other related care to patients as required.
- Coordinate services and maintain communication with other departments or staff as required.
- Oversee quality assurance activities and compliance to operational standards, participate in program development, development or implementation of operating policy and procedure and promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices as requested.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, case managers, coworkers and others in an effective manner.
- Complete and maintain required documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Behavioral Medicine
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Service
- Professional Attitude