TracFone is seeking an individual for the Director; Marketing Product Management who is a highly motivated, experienced digital savvy marketer who has led major marketing initiatives. The individual will be responsible for leading the digital development, business decision making, and implementation of new products, programs, campaigns, and capabilities to drive revenue growth, increased customer loyalty, and retention across TracFone’s portfolio of brands. As the “Director, Product Management /Product Owner” in our Agile/Scrum IT development environment, will be expected to lead a diverse team, mentor that team, initiate best practices, and communicate results and recommendations working with business leaders across the broader internal and external organization including Marketing, IT, Ops, BI, and several agency partners.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for keeping Marketing’s long term strategic goals in their agile team’s sights, while making critical day to day business decisions to achieve these goals, and direct their team forward through each Agile sprint. The Director, Product Management / Product Owner is an excellent servant leader, communicator, team player, change agent, and trusted business partner. This position requires astute pivoting in a fast moving organization. This opportunity provides a strong foundation for the position to advance in a diverse career path in customer marketing, brand marketing, digital / e-commerce marketing, or agile program management in the TracFone organization.
Business Product Owner Leadership
- Responsible for driving and executing the strategic marketing direction, business value creation, long term product vision, for the Retention product line, features, and enhancements including but not limited to, new airtime plans, customer loyalty program features, value-added services, etc.
- Prioritizes the feature requirements and user stories developed into an agile backlog; managing the product requirements throughout the agile development life cycle.
- Ensures the development and execution of marketing collateral and creative assets in support of a feature, such as the visual design, content strategy, and copy writing which adhere to the strategic vision / direction of the brand/product, ensuring a best in class customer experience.
Cross-functional team leadership
- Communicates frequently with C Level and Executive management.
- Attends and leads daily team meetings to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks for the agile team.
- Supports multiple cross-functional teams/development studios to ensure a solid understanding of the defined scope.
- Communicates changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams
- Provides frequent communication to the business leadership on the development progress, escalating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision.
- Working with the business leadership, this position collaborates with organizations across TracFone Wireless (Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Sales, Operations, etc.) to build and manage scope expectations and timelines.
- Collaborates across the product team to ensure an excellent, seamless customer experience across all touch points.
- Provides indirect leadership over Business Analysts (full-time/vendor/contractor) assisting with documenting detailed business rules, acceptance criteria and test cases and helps oversee day-to-day development as required.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant Marketing or Business field or equivalent highly successful work experience, with an MBA or MS preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in Digital / Customer Marketing related fields ( e.g. web development, brand marketing, product management, social media, customer loyalty, digital advertising, technology, design, etc.), with at least 5 years in a leadership / project management / manager / or product owner role.
- Prior experience in digital product development or requirements development for software or customer business campaign management.
- Experience with business, technical, user requirements and issues in a very fast moving organization. The ability to pivot towards successful outcomes is important.
- Hands-on experience as a Product Owner with Agile software development and processes is preferred but not an absolute requirement. However, business acumen and marketing digital leadership are critical.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence or similar agile collaboration tools desirable.
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development