Who we want-
Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
What you will do-
You will support the creation of an overall supply plan for our Spine franchise and 3rd party suppliers within the specific franchise scope. You will interface with site production leads, production scheduling, procurement, finance, integrated business planning (IBP) management and customer service to ensure an integrated approach to supply planning within the franchise. You will also take the lead in responding to the demand requirements from the business, ensuring that there is supply plan in place to communicate what needs to be produced and purchased to the manufacturing and supply base within the franchise. KPIs for the role will be Supply Plan Attainment, Safety Stock Health, Capacity Utilization, Back order and Lead time.
Specific responsibilities of the Sr. Supply Planner include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the creation of a Master Resource Plan based on the latest demand signal to cover what needs to be produced or purchased as a finished product and to ensure sufficient raw materials and components to support the required supply plan
- Support the creation of capacity plans based on the latest demand signal to identify potential bottlenecks or risks to supply and to develop and recommend proposals to mitigate and ensure that the plant or 3rd party can meet the future demand
- Identify where there is significant underutilization which could impact the costs of supply
- Set the correct levels of inventory (safety stocks) within the supply plan by understanding the demand volatility and supply chain lead times
- Track the execution of the supply plan with production scheduling and buying, ensuring that the plan is fully operationalized and tracked for performance deviation
- Ensure that the supply plan includes products that are being phased in and plan correctly
- Ensure communication and timing of exiting products within the plant or 3rd party
- Communicate with the business in regard to the status of the product portfolio from a supply planning perspective
- Provide effective communication and confirmation from supply planning to the demand plan in confirming capability to meet the requirements via the daily and weekly execution process as well as a robust monthly executive supply process
- Maintain Supply Planning system core master-data to enable focus on real supply issues
- Determine root cause of performance issues and providing recommendation to Supply Planning Manager on how to mitigate and sustain
What you need-
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or other relevant field of study required
- 5+ years of planning experience required; supply or production planning experience preferred with demonstrated understanding of supply chain manufacturing operations
- APICS or similar professional supply chain accreditation preferred
- ERP system experience required, SAP experience is a plus
- Computer skills: Advanced Microsoft Excel data mining/reporting, Microsoft Access skills will be a plus
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated efficient work methods and an ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while making key decisions that impact the larger manufacturing team
Work From Home: Remote
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Supply Chain Management