CWS is seeking a candidate to provide helpdesk specialist, Level I support for a customer-focused technology service contract supporting the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC) in Elizabeth City, NC. The U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center Information Systems Division's objective is to obtain services for IT support and the required on-site technical personnel for mission support for the Asset Logistics Information Management System (ALMIS), Aviation Logistics Center – Logistics Support System (ALC-LSS), Coast Guard Logistics Information Management System (CG-LIMS), Account Management and Help Desk Support. This support includes overall operations of logistics focused on engineered IT systems at ALC and the Coast Guard's applications and enterprise systems.
The ideal candidate shall Provide phone, email, web, and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, computer operating systems, desktop applications for all types of computer systems, and applications developed or deployed under this contract. Serves as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, all types of computer systems (PC and Mac), and printer problems.
The candidate possesses problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. Strong client-facing and communication skills is required. Candidates should possess exceptional customer service skills; experience assisting customers on phone and live chat, and email. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities to ensure proper resolution of reported issues. The candidate possess the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. The candidate should have experience with Information Technology support within a federal government environment and demonstrated experience in working with various team within the IT support structure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provides phone and in-person support to users in the areas of email, directories, standard Windows desktop applications or other applications.
• May serve as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting network applications, and hardware/software PC and printer issues.
• Creates users accounts and troubleshoot the user issues.
• Assists in all phases of help desk support in order to insure tickets are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately in Remedy.
• Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose IT problems on desktop equipment and peripherals, including software and hardware.
• Provides remote and on-site troubleshooting for hardware and software support.
• Troubleshoots and supports Windows operating systems, MAC OS, advanced MS Office product issues, and other IT issues.
• Records, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
• Properly escalates unresolved queries to the next level of support.
• Documents solutions and share information with team as appropriate.
Education & Experience
• A.A./A.S. in a related field. Two (2) years experience is equivalent to one (1) year of education
• Two (2) years of experience in help desk support. Including one (1) year of experience includes knowledge of PC operating systems, e.g. DOS, Windows, as well as networking and mail standards and work on a help desk
• Relevant commercial certifications are desired
• ITIL v3 Foundations – desired
• Agency Specific (Favorably adjudicated Background Investigation)
• US Citizen or permanent resident
Other (Travel, Work Environment, Administrative Notes, etc.)
• Limited travel to company office locations and other contract sites may be required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Helpdesk Specialist
Help Desk Support
Complex Problem Solving