To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
840 Grier Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager of Basketball Operations (Corporate)
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The General Manager of Basketball Operations will work directly with the President Basketball Operations and Head Coach to direct all activities to drive the successful development of the basketball franchise operations. This role must understand how the business of the WNBA is conducted and possess a thorough knowledge of the league and have knowledge of Collegiate and Professional basketball skill levels.
All duties are performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures as well as within the framework and intent of the Mission Statement.
- Design and implement basketball operations strategy by working with Head Coach/President and Road Business Manager to build out entire season schedule, including game/arena scheduling, training camp, practice schedule, comprehensive travel plans
- Manage salary cap and contractual obligations (contracts, agent certifications, PCI forms, PCMS database, immigration and visa needs)
- Lead development of the annual operating budget and forecast, as well as staffing plans to recruit, train, and retain top basketball operations talent
- Oversee all basketball operations back office needs including collaboration cross-functionally with HR, Finance, Legal, IT, etc.
- Lead strategic partnership development with key vendors: air, buses, car services
- Manage WNBA Draft & Free Agency preparation, including but not limited to: scouting reports, statistical analysis, video preparation, qualitative research
- Lead strategy and execution of scouting college and international prospects and development of current players, including monitoring off-season development while overseas
- Maintain current knowledge of the rules and guidelines of other associated league governing bodies (NCAA, NBA, WNBA, and FIBA)
- Develop custom short and long-term career plans for the Aces roster by introducing players to key influencers in their desired career paths and providing networking
- Partner with Business Operations lead to ensure a seamless relationship between Basketball Operations and revenue producing roles, including Ticket Sales, Sponsorships, as well as support functions
- Provide on-going consultation to management for all key departments within the organization to ensure all activities are performed in accordance with the company’s business objectives, budget guidelines, mission statement and core values
- Provide leadership for all reporting department’s human resources responsibilities to include: maintaining a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning process that encompass the company’s diversity commitment
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in Sports operations or related field, including leadership experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a WNBA setting