Here at the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our Police Officers, Fire Fighters, and Building Inspectors keep our Citizens safe. Our Public Works Staff keep our City clean and help to maintain, build, and improve our City’s infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life. Our Engineers help to keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating, and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you’re seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
Position posted until filled
CANDIDATE MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE ATLANTA RETIRED POLICE RESERVE
- Enforces procedural rules and regulations. Ensures the personal safety of staff, visitors, and property. Maintains security and safety for assigned areas. Maintains a working knowledge of the locations of various departments, buildings, access routes, and admitting requirements.
- Operate and monitor security control panels, alarms, and related security equipment to provide area and visitor surveillance.
- Patrols assigned areas. Checks for suspicious occurrences, and enforces City of Atlanta rules and regulations.
- Responds to and investigates situations reported to Control Rooms. Call APD or AFFD authorities to investigate suspicious activities or security violations that require intervention.
- Checks Identification of persons entering City of Atlanta facilities as needed. Provide information and directions. Explains rules and regulations.
- Maintain a guest registry as directed ensuring that users have left the premises. Reports security and general maintenance problems to the proper authorities.
- Maintains logs and records of occurrences, completes necessary paperwork, and may use computer terminal to input and retrieve data.
- Limited knowledge of the City of Atlanta organizational policies and procedures.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Regular use of machines that require little training to use.
- Advises, screens and refers callers and visitors.
- Understand non-routine notes, written instructions, and general policy statements.
- Supervisor and staff member plan, assign and schedule work jointly.
- Supervisor provides instruction only in new situations, methods and procedures that are not clearly related to already existing tasks and duties.
- Established procedures/policies govern many work situations.
- Regular exercise of independent judgment or initiative.
- Recognize problems and choose solutions from among several alternatives that are not necessarily governed by established procedures.
- Work occasionally requires giving others a general orientation to routine procedures and policies.
- Ongoing possibility of safety risks.
- Workday occasionally includes conflicting demands, time pressures, deadlines or emergencies.
- Work regularly requires sustained concentration.
- Work requires some physical effort and some dexterity.
- Must sit, stand and or walk for extended period of time.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Member of the Atlanta Retired Police Reserve (ARPR).
- Meet all standards and requirements of APD.SOP.2190 (ARPR) As determined by the Staff. Inspections Unit (SIU) and the ARPR Coordinator.
- Proof of physical and psychological fitness from a medically certified physician.
- Have a valid Driver’s License.
- Pass a Criminal background check.
- Available to work different shifts.
- Information Security