To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfax County, VA
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ECS Federal, LLC • Fairfax County, VA
Posted 5 days ago
ECS is seeking a Network Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
- Design, Deploy and Maintain network infrastructure; utilizing best practice routing and switching technologies
- Maintain network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; participates in defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrade network by conferring with management; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Participate in the design, configuration, and maintenance of Cisco solutions with EIGRP, BGP, iWAN, DMVPN, and IPSEC technologies.
- Support the design, implementation and operation of Cisco Network infrastructure on premise as well as satellite offices.
- Provide a second level support for systems/network related issue/items across the entire enterprise
- Current Cisco CCNA Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS and HP ProCurve CLI's
- 2 - 4 years equivalent work experience as a Network Administrator working with Layer2 protocols including but not limited to 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc
- 2 -4 years or equivalent work experience as a Network Administrator working with Layer3 network routing, including but not limited to BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
- Strong written and oral communication and relationship skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong multitasking abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of network concepts including TCP/IP and Routing.
- Possess effective and professional work ethics and habits.
- Configuration Management
- IP Subnetting
- LAN/WAN networking
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.