Associate Mako Product Specialist Job Description
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Develops the skills and certifications necessary to optimally perform in this technical and clinical role. Gains hands-on training and experience on the use of Stryker’s Mako robot including set-up, breakdown and related intra-operative activities to ensure precise and successful surgical outcomes.
Provides clinical product support to all end users and provide on-site guidance and assistance during surgical procedures. Resolves technical product and service issues as needed. Provides training, ongoing in-services, and customer education to assigned account(s).
Clinical and Technical Expertise:
- Complete Mako 101 and 201 training for all robotic-assisted surgery applications. Obtain certification for each application needed to perform independent case coverage.
- Complete JR 101 and 201 training and develop an understanding of all basic manual procedures.
- Complete Stryker Learning Management System (SLMS) assignments on an ongoing timely basis.
- Build knowledge of Stryker implants, instrumentation and applicable clinical benefits.
- Learn proprietary software to prepare pre-operative CT scans and assist surgeons in pre-operative implant planning, implant sizing and positioning.
- Observe and apply practices used to train and guide surgeons and hospital staff in robotic-assisted surgery.
- Build troubleshooting skills to solve technical issues related to the robot. Collaborate with Education and Field Service teams to learn basic technical components of the robot.
Account and Territory Management:
- Shadow and assist in day to day coordination of accounts and necessary tasks to support scheduled robotic procedures. Successfully complete supervised cases needed to obtain full certification for each application.
- Develop knowledge of hospital and account preferences to meet or exceed customer expectations. Deliver excellent customer service and foster positive, trusting relationships with surgeons and hospital staff.
- Manage inventory, instrumentation, and total case preparation. Ensure all cases are planned and reviewed with associated surgeons prior to scheduled surgeries.
- Learn and complete all necessary account administration duties (e.g. Case Tracker daily updates, PER process - Product Experience Report, RMA process - Return Material Authorization, case billing and closure). Provide prompt and accurate complaint reports per quality and compliance system requirements.
- Assist in product demonstrations and lab logistics to service sales, marketing and potential customers.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal sales team members to achieve business objectives.
- Support the execution of the sales plan to grow product utilization and increase volume with current and potential surgeons.
- 4-year degree or equivalent required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a sales or technical product environment preferred. Previous experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer service principles and how decisions impact customers and our business.
- Demonstrated focus on the details, outputs and deliverables that have a strong customer impact.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, communicate and build positive relationships that foster a sense of teamwork.
- Demonstrated aptitude in technical skills and technology systems and administrative procedures (e.g. ERP software, Office Suite, file processing and record management).
- Valid drivers’ license with good driving record required.
Work From Home: Field-based
Travel Percentage: 70%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.