To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pennoni Associates Inc. • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate "smart" solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Pennoni's grant writing services enable our municipal and agency clients of all sizes to find potential funding sources, and to prepare competitive applications. Additionally, after funds are awarded to a client, Pennoni can both ensure compliance with state and federal funding requirements and prepare the design plans and specifications for the awarded project. In the past few years, Pennoni has facilitated more than $250 million in funds for our clients' public works projects and transportation improvements.
We are seeking an experienced Grant Writer who will primarily be responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to institutional funders and government institutions, along with other grant-making organizations, with a focus on capacity building fundraising for our municipal and agency clients. The Grant Writer is expected to work at least 40 hours per week and will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Corporate Communications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, developing, and assembling well-developed, creative and persuasive grant proposals to current and potential institutional funders (foundations and corporations), government institutions to help communities obtain funds for projects. Grants include but are not limited to:
- Community Revitalization, HUD, and Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)
- Transit Oriented Development (TOD) and Transit and Rail Freight Revitalization Investment Districts
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grants (EECBG)
- Brownfield Redevelopments
- State Revolving Funds (SRF)
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation
- Recycling Programs
- Municipal Water and Wastewater Planning
- State DOT's, Environmental and Planning agencies
- Managing and assembling all supplemental materials required for proposals.
- Conducting prospect research and cultivating and establishing personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers.
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts.
- Maintaining pipeline and calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, while meeting deadlines
- Other development related activities as they arise.
- Requires at least a bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of development and grant writing experience (including government grant writing), showing proven results in meeting target goals.
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills, demonstrating keen understanding of online databases and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information.
- Solid understanding of how to prepare budgets and financial reports as they relate to proposals and grants.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Ability to work collaboratively with our technical staff in grant preparation to synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct way.
Why Work With Us?
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer