Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Monday - Friday work schedule
$3,000 bonus after 6 months of employment
The primary role of the Automation Controls Technician is to provide high end, complex and effective automation and controls support to plant operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the maintenance program and comply with all safety codes is paramount. The Automation Controls Technician must identify, troubleshoot and repair problems in all areas of electrical, Automation, Networks, Process, Instrumentation and Controls systems that occur in the facility. He/she must be able to troubleshoot, pin point problems, and remediate all problems. He/she also performs preventive maintenance and calibration of plant controls systems and instrumentation
Major Function and Scope:
- Researches, plans, schedules, designs, follows-up, and documents all projects (i.e. the installation and startup of fully automated production lines and utility equipment).
- Performs Siemens PLC programming for new machinery, process improvements, and additions to existing equipment using: Siemens S7 and TIA Portal PLC software, Siemens HMI software, Kuka robotics software; variety of VFD and smart device applications.
- Ensures equipment optimization and maintenance within the production process to ensure productivity and quality after installation.
- Performs programming, designing and cost analysis research.
- Tests new materials and equipment; writes technical and functional specifications to communicate to potential suppliers and integrators.
- Provides technical troubleshooting expertise to assist maintenance personnel with diagnosing and repairing equipment problems.
- Hands-on field engineering, testing and troubleshooting I/O points, stand alone equipment, fail safe and emergency circuits. Validates of PLC and HMI applications; updates technical documentation and drawings.
- Interfaces with other departments regarding overlapping areas such as software applications, data acquisition and storage retrieval systems, and facility equipment.
- Analyzes quotes for technical correctness, price, and best value.
- Interfaces and coordinates with field personnel on installations.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s/Associates degree in Electrical, Computer Science Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience in PLC and HMI Programming (Siemens PLC preferred).
- 3 or more years of experience in project management, machine control systems design, HMI/SCADA development, of electric and mechanical equipment troubleshooting such as VFDs, servo systems, actuators, industrial networks (TCP/IP, Profibus, ASI, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with AutoCad, Visio, databases, and MS Office
- Strong interpersonal communication, leadership and project management skills.
- Good team player.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends when necessary to meet schedule deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage technical people, including maintenance technicians and contractors.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Human Computer Interaction
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
Programmable Logic Controllers
Computer Control Systems
Variable Frequency Drive