To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
148 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Management Consultant Health & Human Services Practice
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Boston, MA
Posted 2 months ago
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG is looking for a talented Consultant to join our Healthcare Cost Allocation Center of Excellence team! Come be a part of a dynamic team that helps agencies maximize their funding so that they can serve vulnerable populations.Responsibilities
Consultants are the second-tier position in PCG’s consulting career ladder (which includes Business Analysts, Consultants, Senior Consultants, Associate Managers, and Managers). They are expected to play a role in a wide range of work assignments that include the following:
- Performing project management duties across multiple projects and clients and working with various project teams.
- Providing daily client and project support either onsite or via phone/email.
- Conducting financial analysis and funding assessments for various clients including cost allocation plans, cost reports, and setting rates for public services.
- Learning PCG’s web-based technologies and leading clients through the customization process, implementation, training, and ongoing operational efforts.
- Leading proposal development teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts and preparing proposal submissions.
- Managing project budgets and invoicing and reporting to management.
- Developing presentations for and attending conferences/seminars.
- Preparing and presenting written status reports, assessment documentation, and recommendation reports for clients.
- Conducting policy and other research.
- Defining, documenting, and improving business processes.
- Gathering and analyzing a variety of data, including both financial and written policy/procedure information.
- Learning and performing tasks related to sales and marketing.
- Supervising interns and staff in project-based roles.
- This is a salaried position. This position will be based in our office in Boston, Massachusetts. Travel (up to 50%) and work over 40 hours per week is required. Travel may be anywhere in the United States and locations will vary.
- Strong independent and entrepreneurial work style.
- Excellent time management, organizational, oral presentation, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and organize data.
- Ability to work in both a team situation and autonomously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including SharePoint.
- Commitment to life long learning.
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
- Experience with databases.
- Public Speaking.
- Sales and/or marketing experience.
- Prior travel experience (domestic or abroad).
- Health and human services programs and/or Medicaid knowledge.
- Cost or government accounting.
- Prior supervisory and/or mentoring experience.
R Required Education and Prior Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 plus years of relevant work experience in the fields of health care, state or local government agencies, or a consulting firm.